HOW THE PROCESS WORKS:
- Immediately after the birth: Have the nurses, midwives, or doctor put the placenta in a sealed container on ICE or refrigerated, call us and let us know the placenta is ready for pickup. We will give you an estimated time of our arrival or you can have it arranged to be dropped off to us.
- Special considerations may need to be made for hospital births. You may have to sign a release and some hospitals can take several days to release the placenta. If this is the case you will need to make sure the placenta is frozen in a sealed container without any chemicals. The frozen placenta will stay good for up to six months, but ideally this process is done in the first 48 hours after delivery.
- Depending on which method of preparation you choose: your placenta is cleaned, dehydrated, ground into a fine powder and then encapsulated into vegetarian capsules.
- This process is typically done over two to three days so if you chose to have the process done in your home you will need to take that into consideration.
- Once the process is complete, we will contact you to arrange for delivery or pickup
- You will be able to start taking your capsules right away!